Thyroid problems Can Be Helped With Nutrition Response Testing®
You’d be surprised at the number of patients we see at the Natural Health Improvement Center in Phoenix AZ who have a weakness or imbalance in their thyroid gland.
Your thyroid is a very important gland – it controls your metabolism, which is how fast or slow things are “burned” in the body. An underactive thyroid usually produces fatigue, weight gain, sleepiness, and other symptoms. Traditional medicine treats this problem with a chemical and synthetic hormone, such as Synthroid. This supplies a hormone that the thyroid needs to function properly.
The problem with this approach is that it doesn’t find the root cause of the problem. It just covers up the symptoms and keeps someone on a synthetic chemical drug for the rest of their life.
The most effective way to address a thyroid issue is to find out what is causing the problem and deal with that, so the condition is permanently remedied.
One of the main culprits affecting the function of the thyroid is Mercury. This is one example of how an underlying problem can affect any part of the body. With Nutrition Response Testing®, we find underlying problems that are affecting your thyroid gland.
Thyroid Gland Imbalance Symptoms
Whether your thyroid is overactive or underactive, it can produce a host of symptoms:
Symptoms and signs of hyperthyroidism
- Nervousness, tremors, agitation
- Poor concentration
- Reduced menstrual blood flow in women
- Racing heartbeat or palpitations
- Heat intolerance
- Changes in bowel habits, such as more frequent bowel movements
- Enlargement of the thyroid gland
- Skin thinning
- Brittle hair
- Increase in appetite, feeling hungry
Symptoms and signs of hypothyroidism
- Mental fogginess or sluggishness
- Depressed mood
- Excessive or prolonged menstrual bleeding
- Fluid retention, feeling bloated, puffiness in the face
- Joint aches and pains
- Weight gain
- High cholesterol levels
- Feeling cold, or increased sensitivity to cold temperatures
- Dry skin
- Memory problems
- Thinning hair or hair loss
Thyroid Gland Stressors
At the Natural Health Improvement Center, Doctor Kohan tests your body to see if it is being affected by one or more of five different stressors:
1. Heavy Metals: Mercury, Lead, Aluminum, Iron, Cadmium, etc
2. Heavy Chemicals: Perfumes/ Fragrances, Heavy Chemicals, Dry Cleaning Fluid, Petrol Solvents/Alcohol, Hydrocarbons, etc.
3. Food sensitivities: Fruit Sugar, Honey, Sugar, Corn, Soy, White Rice, Brown Rice, Oats, Rye, Wheat, Eggs, Milk, Cheese, etc.
4. Pathogens: Virus, Bacteria, Parasites, Fungus.
5. Scars – old scars on the body absorb energy and act as capacitors in the body. Clinically, we have seen miraculous things happen when scars begin to heal energetically. Episiotomy, C-section, umbilicus, circumcision scars, and others frequently show up in our testing procedure.
If you are experiencing any of these thyroid imbalance symptoms and have not had relief from other treatments, call Dr. Kohan’s office and make an appointment today.